Exceptional Tuition and Resumes - LinkedIn Profiles
What is LinkedIn?
- LinkedIn is a social networking website for people in professional occupations
- It is the largest professional networking site with millions of members
- You are able to create a professional profile, which is your online resume
- This site enables you to build networks with a range of professionals
- Provides to opportunity to learn about your industry and able to learn about various career options
How can you use LinkedIn to find a job?
- By connecting with many professionals, this site gives you opportunity to contact them about prospective jobs
- You are able to join groups in regards to specific companies giving you the opportunity to be one of the first to know about vacant jobs
- There is also a job tab on LinkedIn where you can write a specific job you are looking for
- It is also helpful to find out who to address cover letters to by typing in the company and finding their recruiter or the Human Resources Manager and provide a means of contacting them before submitting your job application
What can you include in a LinkedIn profile?
- Provide a background or summary of your work history and what job or industry you are looking to work in
- Past education and even the subjects or classes you completed during your studies
- Places your past work history in chronological order, an online resume
- Shows a company profile so if recruiters want to witness the company and your past engagement with it
- Able to displayed your interests, which provides an insight on how you enjoy your free time
- You can write what you believe your key skills are and others can endorse you for them
- Can also include up to 50 groups that you can be apart of whether this is company group or industry advice groups
How can jobseekers benefit from having a LinkedIn profile?
- Jobseekers have the opportunity to connect with professionals worldwide ultimately broadening their options for acquiring their dream job
- By joining various groups this allows jobseekers to connect and contact people to gain advice about their desired job or industry
- As LinkedIn is an online resume, this provides employers the option to find you making your job seeking adventure less stressful
- Broaden their awareness of companies which are recruiting
- Make contacts with potential recruiters
- Ability to find online advertised job through the job tab on LinkedIn
- Gives opportunity to connect with people who are of influence in a certain company